Monday, October 27, 2014

The Mini Weaving Loom


On my hunt for a new craft to experiment with, I stumbled upon Beckarahn's handmade shop on Etsy. This shop is filled with miniature handmade weaving items. As soon as I spotted the mini weaving loom, I knew I had to have it. It was my first time using one, and I felt it a good introduction to weaving on a smaller scale.



With the purchase came a small loom, needle, beater comb, and instructions. The instructions were easy to follow and after creating a few, I quickly got the hang of it.


As you can see, I got a little carried away. They're so attractive to look at, I couldn't help myself.


I experimented with different kinds of yarn (bulky yarns don't work well for this, thinner yarns however, are great!). The size is ideal for creating coasters, or sewing the weaved squares together to make some kind of patterned blanket. There are endless possibilities with these little creations. It makes a great gift for a child too! 

I also think the process of weaving is meditative; a stress reliever to busy the brain when things get too tough. There's always something therapeutic in repetitive movement, don't you think so? 

Happy crafting.


No comments: