Saturday, January 18, 2014

PikiThins Shop Has Reopened & News


Ah!! Holy, it's been centuries since I've updated this blog; about two years :(. I've been really out of the game, but I'm glad to be back :D! I hope everyone has been staying alive and well!
I've been on a bit of a roller coaster since my last blog post. I closed the shop down two years ago since I was trying to resolve some personal issues and stabilize myself financially.

My shop used to sell macrame jewelry, but I decided to change my focus. My shop now sells handmade books. Coptic stitch books are a favorite method of mine. I also updated my blog layout and business cards. I hand drew the PikiThins font and redesigned the card. I'm quite pleased with the result.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174613242/brown-crocodile-soft-covered-mini-coptic?ref=shop_home_active_1

This is one of my favorite books that I made: The Brown Crocodile. I found this really cool paper that imitated crocodile skin, and I just had to use it for a new book! It also has a nice weight to it. It's soft covered, using micro vented wall coverings for book covers. I picked this up at the Architecture firm I work in. Nothing like free material to use! It was going to be thrown out, so I had to grab it. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174325075/arrow-soft-covered-mini-coptic-stitch?ref=shop_home_active_6

 Another book, the Arrow, is another favorite of mine. 


It's currently snowing (it looks more like mini bombs falling from the sky than snow...the snowflakes are huge!), and I have much work to attend to. In the mean time, browse my newly updated links on the side to see what else I've been up to. 

Stay warm!
-Piki

No comments: