Friday, June 6, 2014

Sketchbook - Color Pencil Onew # 2

This is a reference photo I used to create the base of another color pencil drawing. Once again, Onew (a member from the Korean group SHINee) makes an appearance.

The topic of home had been lingering in my mind when working on this drawing. I associate Onew with the idea of home, only because his personality appears to be down-to-earth, easy going, and calm. That's how I would like my future home to be. 

My job also had some influence on the end result. Working in an architecture firm has made me more aware of architectural details. So much of my recent work includes quirky houses decked in mountains of tiles and patterns.

Enjoy the photo progression!



_____________________________________________________________________________
       Click on the images to enlarge
_____________________________________________________________________________ 


Onew #2. May 2013. Rembrandt Polycolor Pencils
 I would love to do a collection of people as homes. It's a nice topic I hope to explore in the future (not including the many other projects I seem to start and not finish, heh).

Side note: I'll be retaking a photo of this drawing. The skin came out paler than it actually is.

No comments: