Monday, May 5, 2014

Reading, Reading, & Reading

What Does Your Reading List Look Like?
I've been collecting so many books lately. I haven't been doing a decent job in keeping up with the ever expanding reading list I've created! This isn't terrible of course; there can never be enough books in anyone's personal library. This is my current stack so far (not including the books I'm looking to purchase in the near future). Some titles include:

Madeleine is Sleeping by Sarah Shun-Lien Bynum (lyrical fiction)
The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht (magical realism)
The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly (historical novel)
Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran (historical novel)
The Bookbinding Handbook by Sue Doggett (arts & crafts)
Ballistics by Billy Collins (poetry)
Brave Story by Miyuki Miyabe(Japanese fantasy novel)
The Omni Diet by Tana Amen (fitness & diet)

A good selection of genres I think! What is your favorite genre? Mine is murder-mystery (even though I haven't read much on it as of late. I will be sure to do so soon). What makes this genre so enjoyable is the suspense in discovering who is the murderer, of following the clues to piece together the truth of a crime. I love when author's describe murder scenes because even those descriptions are telling to the murderer's identity.

What Is Your Favorite Reading Place?
My craft/work space! It feels really good to be surrounded by the things I've created (for me, that would be bookbinding, plush dolls, paper crafts, loom knitting, and furniture projects). I especially love when it rains. I'll take the blinds off all the window, sit in my reading chair (not shown here unfortunately), and listen to the rain as I read. It's soothing and peaceful. 

When my room is feeling too stuffy for a good read, I'll head to a park or read on the ferry while heading to work.

Do you have any favorite places you enjoy reading?

No comments: