Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring Photo Collection

5 Things I'm Looking Forward To This Spring
35mm film. On The Ferry. Taken by Carolina O.
1. Sitting outside on the ferry while heading to and from work, feeling the sunlight on my eyelids and the sky tinging my skin a tad shade blue. I'll be staring at the water, rocked to sleep by the motion of the waves while the breeze pushes my hair from my face.

I've never grown tired of the view from the ferry. It's especially nice when the sun is setting. Next time you come to New York City, ride the Staten Island Ferry to get a view of New Jersey, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island. The fare is free!

35mm. Battery Park. Taken by Carolina O.
 2. Reading a good book, drawing, or taking a nap on a nice large rock in the park (I seriously do this, I take naps everywhere).  

35mm. Botanical Gardens. Taken by Carolina O.
 3. Plant life. The buildings in the city look tired, especially since they've had to stand through a strenuous winter. Bursts of color to break up the dull brick reds and grays would brighten the look of their exteriors considerably.

35mm. Botanical Gardens. Taken by Carolina O.
 4. Green, truckloads of green. Did I mention green is my favorite color?

35mm. Cherry Blossoms in Bloom. Taken by Carolina O.
5. Cherry blossom season at the end of April! I used to go to the Cherry Blossom Festival at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden every year, but it gets really packed and I'm not able to enjoy the flowers as much. Although, the best part of the event is the taiko drumming performance and the stalls selling sushi pillows and paper crafts. Last year, I went a week after the festival and it was much better since it was less crowded.

I took this image in the Japanese Garden section, my favorite spot! I'll definitely be going again this year.

What are you looking forward to this Spring?

No comments: