Friday, December 17, 2010

Craft Shows and News

Happy holidays everyone! Once again, a thousand years since my last post. Hehe. I've been pretty busy with Christmas orders and creating items for a craft show I was in. The Joker doll is still sitting on my desk, but i finished embroidering his cape! Underneath him is the next doll I plan to work on: The Bishop.


The craft show was held at MetroTech in Brooklyn. It was a pretty small show, but the area was nice. There was a live chorus playing as me and the other vendors sold stuff. This was my first craft show =D. I'm actually glad that it was small. I didn't feel very prepared for it! Plus, it gave me good experience in what to expect and what to bring for a show. I'm hoping to start doing more craft shows next year. And in different states as well! I want to travel.

As you may notice, I snuck in a whole bunch of new items at the show. I created three new doll needle wallet designs. The one with the fish eye is my favorite =). He still doesn't have a name.

I also made a lot of new bracelets! One of them was inspired by Dr Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham (is that right? O_o?). The bead reminded mostly of the story, so I worked with the colors of those yummy breakfast foods in mind. (That bracelet is third from the left of the image). You'll see it better once I have it photographed for the shop.

I took this image in the middle of the night. I was trying to capture the light cloaking the neighborhood. The moon acted like a black light. It was pretty cool. I've never seen the landscape glow in the moonlight before. I stayed up for a few hours just looking outside my window. Too bad the picture isn't good enough to capture what I saw.

Now that the show is over, I'm able to reevaluate a few plans I have for myself. I'm glad this year is ending soon. It wasn't my best year at all. I struggled a lot with myself inwardly and outwardly. I still am and that struggle may last forever. For the first time, it really feels like I'm starting over. Literally. I'm starting from scratch, which I didn't have to do before. I guess that's because school was a springboard for me to jump off of. Now that I don't have that, haven't had that for the past year, I've been slowly creating my own footing without something to back me up if I fall. It feels weird, but I like not having school in the background grounding my life in place because now I can decide what grounds me.

-Piki

No comments: